Monday, August 26, 2013

I took a walk (take a walk, take a walk)...

This morning I woke up with a little bit of time before my day got started and decided to go on a walk. I started this journey with one goal in mind: to find the lake.


After a mile I stumble upon this abandoned weed eater and decide to step up my pace and attempted to jog (that 15 minutes of SVU I watched last week definitely had me a little paranoid).


I then saw this "dog contained by invisible fence" sign and pictured myself as Daffy Duck in Space Jam. Once again sped up my pace and got away. 


After the first mile I decide to turn on some Hillsong Pandora and turn this journey into a quiet time, which I am so thankful for.

Finally I see the light and catch a glimpse of the lake through the trees.



This lake supposedly is only a short .9 miles from the ZTA house, 3.3 miles later I finally find it.


As I am on this journey I use up 86% of my phone battery leaving 14% left to phone home or 911 if I seriously couldn't find my way home. I text my mom to let her know and she responds with - "nice knowing ya"... haa! 


An hour and 37 minutes, 6 miles later I have completed my first adventure.


Notice -- that whiteness you see is supposed to be a map, which CLEARLY was a great resource during this journey... NOT! 


Maybe next time I will pull a Hansel and Gretel stunt and drop some bread crumbs, just in case. 

No worries though, my directionally challenged self made my way home with a fresh sunburn and a growling stomach!! 

Happy Monday! 

Peace, Love & Flab to Ab


No comments:

Post a Comment