Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My 100th post of 100 things that I have learned thus far on the road.

1. Don't sweat the small stuff - I CANNOT stand complainers, if you have something crappy to say, Get A Diary!!  I can't get caught up in the tiny bumps in the road whether it be lost luggage, a grouchy flight attendant or the person sitting next to me having INTENSE BO. 
2. Call home - There is ALWAYS time to call home, even if its for 30 seconds walking from gate to gate in an airport, or through a blue tooth headset on a rental car.
3. Be ADAPTABLE  - traveling and living in a life with NO routine can be hard. Going with the flow is the way to succeed!
4. EMBRACE PIMPLES - good LORD I have never seen my face the way it has been during some of my visits. I have drawn a conclusion and it is that the different air and water in different states treats my face differently!
5. Phone a friend, DAILY. Even though I have so many new friends, it can be such a great motivator to hear a familiar voice!
6. See new things!
7. EAT new things -- I will be the first to admit, I weigh more now that I did before. I go on walks, daily, but the ONLY excuse I will make for myself is when am I ever going to try Pork Roll or Moe's again besides when I am in a place where it is available to me. CHRISTMAS BREAK WILL BE A MAJOR DETOX, as will May when I am finished with my travels.
8. ALWAYS cheer for your Home Team!! I have PROUDLY taught all 9 campuses that I have been to how to appropriately cheer on The Frogs!
9. EXPLORE - I cannot tell you how many chapters have THANKED me for coming because of the places that they have explored in their own college towns. I have seen so many things already and still have 5 months to go.
10. STAY UP LATE - It can be easy to hop into my bed or couch and not genuinely get to know chapter members, but the memories I have made hanging out with members late at night have been some of the best.
11. Get some sleep - Living a life in a GIANT SLEEPOVER 24/7 it can be hard to say "it's time to go to bed", but sometimes SLEEP IS KEY to success.
12. Take walks. Walking is my time to explore and have "alone time". Sometimes chapter members come along with me on my adventures and I learn so many new things.
13. Have an open mind - Walking into chapters can be overwhelming and SCARY. Walking in with an open mind ready to embrace any opportunity is how I am able to LOVE each visit. 
14. GO TO THE CAPITAL!!!!!! If you are CLOSE to a capital building, WHY NOT GO CATCH A GLIMPSE OF IT. I have seen SIX so far, and hope that number continues to increase. 
15. Say Thank You! People sacrifice a lot in their normal routine to make me feel at home and one of the greatest things I can do is say Thanks!
16. Always paint your nails - it's a small task that I can do to make myself feel FRESH everyday.
17. Be Innovative - Never let a COKE MACHINE stop you from getting decent sleep. Use what you got to make it work, even if it involves sacrificing a blanket and a few pillows to block the light (blog post to come). 
18. Never, I repeat, NEVER use a Ziploc as a main luggage device. 
19. If family and or friends are near, figure out a way to see them in person. Even if it's for 30 seconds. 
20. If an airlines ask you if you want pretzels, peanuts or a cookie.. get all three!
21. Remember that Fish are NOT made to be centerpieces of any kind.
22. Expect the unexpected - You never know when you'll see Sticky-Boobs laying around on an upside down trashcan...
23. Recruitment is Recruitment. No matter where you go, expect LITTLE SLEEP and TENSE interactions with people. 
24. Pick up new hobbies - I attempted to learn how to knit, NOT a fan, but Blogging isn't too bad. 
25. LOVE THE AIRPORT - Since I spend numerous hours hanging out in the airport, I have no choice but to embrace the CRITTERS that I encounter on a weekly basis. 
26. NETWORK - My life is a blank canvas right now. I have my college degree and have realized that there is SO MUCH TO DO. Each person I meet and see is an opportunity to network and expand my options post TLC life. 
27. Okay... I am on break and can't focus enough to write out 100 things... but

I HAVE MORE THAN 100 REASONS TO GIVE THANKS FOR and cannot begin to write it all out. 

Peace, Love & CENTURIETH POST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment