Friday, November 8, 2013

Ivy League Friday


My morning started out feasting on the "infamous" breakfast "meat" known as Pork Roll. It is a thing up here in NJ and apparently I was not allowed to leave this state without trying it. I am not a fan of any Ham, or sliced Meat really for that matter in the morning, but to my surprise this Pork Roll phenomenon was well worth making a special trip to the Deli for. I can't really describe what I tasted, nor do I want to know what I actually was eating, but if you make a trip to New Jersey or Philadelphia in the near future, I wouldn't tell you No if you asked me if you should try it! 


Following the morning at the Deli, my girl Bry and I made our way to Princeton, NJ, so I could catch a glimpse of one of the "nicer areas" of NJ. Many of the chapter members were not going to settle for me coming to New Jersey for the first time and only getting to see their college town, so this trip was a MANDATORY appointment on my schedule. And let me tell you, I DIDN'T HATE IT!! 

I am literally in LOVE with Princeton!! 

This campus was SO fascinating AND not to mention, the weather was bearable and brisk. 

I used to care less about seeing touristy things like this and always was SO annoyed when my dad would make us go look at "weird" architecture and go to "lame" museums, but geez I am turning into a Granny because I LOVE this stuff now!!! 

I seriously couldn't stop "Oohing and Aahing".
I learned that the mascot is a Tiger, RAWR.
I made a new friend, Mr.Witherspoon.
& Yeah, I was the immature pedestrian who had to stick my face in this Einstein cutout to fit in with the "Ivy League Specimen" roaming around campus. 

"How many Princeton students does it take to change a lightbulb?"
Two---one to mix the martinis and one to call the electrician.

Such exciting adventures "Up Here" in the Northeast!!!

Peace, Love & I fell in LOVE today. With a University.


No comments:

Post a Comment