Sunday, November 3, 2013

CHOO CHOO

Alright people, the T in TLC came alive today, when I traveled via TRAIN from New York to New Jersey. 

Coming from Texas, I don't do or like the whole idea of public transportation. My recent trips to NYC have helped me fall in love (kind of an exaggeration, but I kind of really do like it) with the subway, but the NJ Transit.... TERRIFYING. Not because of the people on it. But hopping on a train and just trusting that you land where you think you are going to.... especially when you know NOTHING about where you are going to even have an idea if you are even headed in the right direction.




I was terrified that I was going the wrong way and I was even more terrified to have to lift all 100 pounds of my luggage over my head into the compartment, but THANK THE LORD I was able to wheel my belongings into the handicap seats and pop a squat.

Three things I learned on my train ride:
1. Be ALERT for when your "track" number is posted up on the screen. People mean BUSINESS when it comes to getting legit seats on the train AKA they SPRINT through the station. Chaos. 
2. Pay attention to the man talking on the loud speaker, even if he talks quieter than a mouse. He says important things AKA when to move up to the first three or five "train cars" if you are exiting XX station. My bad for staying in the caboose the whole time.
3. HOW TO TELL THE TRAIN CONDUCTOR YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO HAVE YOUR NUMBER.....
Yes, this happened. I was minding my own business, being SILENT (yeah, hard to believe) and homeboy comes and sits down across the bench for me and ASKS for my number. Dude, I don't even know you. And why aren't you helping other passengers on the train???

Yikes. I survived and am in New Jersey! 

Peace, Love & LOCO-motive

No comments:

Post a Comment