Saturday, February 8, 2014

I have spent the last 2.5 weeks in Fort Collins, Colorado at Colorado State University.
Home of the RAMS
 This visit was a longer visit where I got to experience negative degree weather, tour every residence hall on campus by hand delivering 25 bids and see how students dress to survive having to trek to class in mounds of snow.
I was brave enough to walk around campus one day when it warmed up to a nice warm 2 degrees outside. I taped up my holey rain boots and tried to blend in as a CSU student....My plan didn't work out. I was the only one without my head down, angry and not covered head to toe in layers.
Cracked up at the lovely art displays in these residence halls. Who wouldn't love seeing Where the Wild Things Are every morning when you leave your building or a squatting ninja looking after you...
 I learned quickly that walking outside and screaming "WOO-HOO" with my arms spread out twirling in the snow would definitely let the world know that I am not from here.
I kind of forget what normal sidewalk looks like since this is what I have come to know for the past couple of weeks.
I'll miss the artsy pine trees covered in snow.
 & the snow covered bikes that belong on a post card.
These couple of weeks gave my luggage time to explode (not that it takes long anyway) and I brave enough to unload my strategically packed carry on that I am dreading trying to rearrange.
Successful visit here at CSU! Now I am off to the middle of the map, back to MISSOURI! 

Peace, Love & I hope my bag isn't overweight

No comments:

Post a Comment