Friday, February 7, 2014

COLDarado

I am alive. 
& would apologize for not blogging much, but sorry I am not sorry that I have been a bum pretty much all week. 
This week has been one I will remember for ever.
I saw the very first GOOSE EGG on my phone in the Weather App.
Got to watch a parade of tractors and dump trucks spray sand and ice melter or whatever on the roads and sidewalks.
And if 0 wasn't cold enough for me to witness, I got to see NEGATIVES on my phone and how bad -18 degrees STINGS on the skin!!!
At first I thought the negatives were really funny and cracked up as I walked around this large campus to find the Greek Life Office, but on my way home my bottom lip froze to where I couldn't talk on the phone to distract myself. I could hardly take it much longer.
Usually I would go on walks, but what's a girl supposed to do in NEGATIVE degree weather with HOLES in her rain boots.... I tried to put tape on the holes, but the slush outside didn't help it stick.
The key is LAYERS. Thermal long sleeve, plus a sweater, plus a parka, plus a scarf, and ear wrap and two pairs of socks AND don't forget mittens.
I don't wanna hear how cold you people are at home in 18 degrees with a little bit of snow falling on the ground... Ain't nobody got time to listen to that.

Peace, Love & I survived the very real possibility of fingers falling off in the cold

No comments:

Post a Comment