Monday, March 3, 2014

The things we will do for some Chipotle

Woke up yesterday to THUNDER and rain tapping on my window, OH WAIT - it was ICE.
KID in the DANG candy store when I looked outside at the white blanket of ice covering the ground.
My excitement was short lived once my stomach growled and I realized an in house chef, meant no one could cook and I would be feasting on frozen packaged macaroni and pizza wands... I really am not high maintenance but there was something about yesterday that would not allow me to settle for anything less than a fresh burrito bowl from Chipotle.
Fearless as ever, some of my new friends were on board to help me satisfy my craving. What kind of person says no to Chipotle? No one.
We attempted to venture out via foot to reach our destination... key word, attempted. I forgot how much I hate the cold when precipitation is actually falling from the sky. The ice/sleet/snow/whatever it was was BLASTING our faces for not even .1 miles of the walk and we quickly turned around and decided we would rather spend an hour trying to get there via car then get bruises and frost bite trying to brave it out during a walk. Umbrellas were not even a cure for the unpleasant sensation of the weather.
 After 20 minutes of taking turns we were able to scrape through at least an inch of SOLID ice to make the windows clear enough so we could see to navigate the OH SO SAFE roads.
  Whatever destination I choose to live post TLC life, I will think LONG AND HARD about going anywhere that has a consistent weather pattern with less than 32 degree weather during the winter. 
Plus, it's March? The only type of Frozen that should be happening is the kind that you can sing along to on TV.

Peace, Love & Shoutout to the inventor of the Ice Scraper


No comments:

Post a Comment