Monday, March 10, 2014

I spent the last few days in Knoxville, Tennessee at The University of Tennessee - Knoxville.  
AKA as you can see, "The Hill"... which I experienced FIRST HAND when trying to get to this bad boy.
Everyone, this is Ayers, which literally sits ON A HILL. No one bothered to tell me of the extreme cardio I would experience while hauling myself up to capture this pic for Abbey on the Road.
Knoxville is a fun place, full of tradition and ORANGE.
This. Campus. Was. MASSIVE. 
But I loved all that there was to see. Some of my finds are pictured below...
1. The infamous "Rock" that is the only place that graffiti is allowed on campus. Students paint it to promote events, to give shootouts & sometimes just because they can.
I was tempted to buy a can of spray paint and welcome myself to campus, but I refrained.
2. The second largest college football stadium (Michigan is the biggest) - Go Vols! 
3. This random sculpture that brings a little bit of sunshine to peoples days 
4. . The Sunsphere that was brought to Knoxville during the World's Fair back in 1982.
Dallas, you ain't the only one with a DISCO ball in ya skyline.
5. And learn about some history and reason WHY their mascot is a "Volunteer"
... who knew that it had to do with Tennessee sending the most people to help out at the Alamo? I guess you really do learn something new everyday. 
PS. Check out his FLAMING torch.

It's been a great two and a half months back on the road but now I am headed back home to McKinney for a little bit of R&R.

Peace, Love & Sup Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment