Monday, January 20, 2014

In HEAVEN at number SEVEN

Happy Monday, People!!

After hiking up Two HUGE hills and attempting to jog up 97 steps in my boots (a punishment to myself after eating as much pizza as I have this past week - pics to come tomorrow), 
I have managed to make it my SEVENTH Capitol during my travels.

I was on a time crunch, so excuse the fro', but HOLLA for another historical experience.

I was able to reconnect with an old friend that I met in North Carolina, Mr. Jackson, who remained mounted on his "noble steed" (shout out to Shrek for the quote)
Saw the grave of James Polk
& was able to check out the Wannabe, but not real, Liberty Bell
Following the adventure to the capital, I continued my day of tourism by heading to the Parthenon REPLICA (the original one is in Greece..duh) that is located right down the street from the ZTA house.
Loved the beautiful architecture and structure of this place ;) 
& these artsy statues
Who knew that seeing THE largest bronze doors IN THE WORLD (weighing 7.5 tons EACH) would be in my future. I assume Hercules flew in to install them..

The sun is shining and it has been a successful week here in Nashville!!

Peace, Love & Go and Do Things!


No comments:

Post a Comment