Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I have spent the past ten days at Vanderbilt University, home of the Comodores (Go Dores)!!

My time at this Ivy-League institution was full of recruitment, recruitment, recruitment and recruitment, but I was able to find a bit of time to squeeze in a walk around "Music City" and give myself a tour of the campus. Here are some things I found...
(Cute pose Abbey!)

Mr. Vanderbilt looking classy in his robe. Don't mess, He has a gavel.
The library, which we all know I don't belong anywhere near..
Demonbreun Street

 
This box below SINGS... It would be nice if someone could at least put a warning sign or something on it so pedestrians don't feel like a maniac when they are peacefully strolling along and begin to hear voices.
Some recording studios..

 That some HIT singles have been recorded at.
 Along with this TOUR BUS that I STILL want to know who it belongs to
Recruitment went well & I learned a few things during my visit:
1. The tall AT&T building downtown Nashville is known as the BATMAN building, clever.
2. I can always resort to becoming a DJ or sound system runner in May because I am now TRAINED in operating this fancy device.
 3. It is probably easier to dump more glitter on a stage to make it look like it is covered on purpose, rather than try and vacuum it...

4.  Never doubt a woman's ability to eat some pizza. You are welcome Papa John.
5. The letters "T" and "A" are symmetrical, but "Z" is not... meaning... you have to trace them BACKWARDS if you don't want to have 53 backwards "Z's" by the time you finish tracing and cutting them all out.
After a NEON-THEMED bid day at a local Karaoke Hub downtown, I can confidently say that the future of Zeta Tau Alpha just got brighter here in Nashville!! 
  
Another fun and successful visit. 

Now I am off to COLORADO (it's not even worth uploading the outline of the state because it is a square)!!

Peace, Love & Bring on the Altitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment