Tuesday, December 10, 2013

PART I Complete

After EIGHTEEN airports, over THIRTY flights, TEN states, FOURTEEN visits, AND SIX CAPITALS I have finished my first semester of traveling. 

My last week on the road I spent in Seattle at the University of Washington, home of the Huskies.
My visit was full of officer meetings with some inspiring leaders, as well as a little bit of learning how to be a Husky.
I attended a Volleyball Game, met the Mascot, Harry...AND was on the Jumbotron.
I got to see THE WORLD's LARGEST BOOK
(sorry about the glare and terrible pic)
And take a tour of this Harry Pooter, I mean Potter inspired library
I also found George (shown below), checked out the campus AND explored the stadium which overlooks the most beautiful waterfront..
Pillars.. just like the ones at Mizzou?
During my time here I had the opportunity to stay in my eighth ZTA house, BUT this one was not like the others. It has a SLEEPING PORCH instead of individual rooms with beds - talk about the ultimate sleepover!! 
So much fun!! It is so crazy that I can visit a place for a week and feel like I have been here for a lifetime!! This visit was the perfect way to end an amazing semester on the road!! 

Now I am headed back to Texas for two days to "rest" before heading back out on the road for fun! Oh and I am NOT sad that I missed the Arctic Blast of you people back home being stranded for days. It was below freezing here the whole time, but it didn't stop my shine!!

ALSO, PSA for the world. Not ONE drop of rain fell from the sky while I was in Seattle.
So, SHOUT OUT to all of the drama queens out there that persuaded me to sacrifice two outfits to pack my dang rain boots that I didn't need. 

Peace, Love & What in the world am I going to do in the same place aka HOME for three weeks....


PS I AM HAVING A HARD TIME CLICKING SUBMIT RIGHT NOW!! I am so sad that this semester is OVER!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment