Saturday, December 7, 2013

Been There, DONE That!!

 From the Gas Works district, to Pike Place Market, to going up the Seattle Needle... YOU NAME IT, I have been there and seen it. Yesterday I was taken on the GREATEST tour of Seattle and LOVED IT! 

Our day started at Gas Works Park where I got to see a historical area, right near the water, that used to be a major hub for drilling for gas.
I had to get a picture here thinking this was the best skyline view I would see for the day... HA! This picture is nothing, but I still figured i'd post this high-def photo for your enjoyment ;) 
Following Gas Works we headed to Fremont where I was instructed to find the "Troll Under The Bridge".
FOUND HIM....
although this critter was a bit creepy, he was definitely a sight to see.

After seeing the troll I was DRINKING THAT SEATTLE juice. LOVING this city and didn't think I could get any more pumped up, but I WAS SO WRONG!! 
We headed to Kerry Park where I could see the whole entire Seattle Skyline. 
AND THEN came my FAVORITE part of the whole day.... 

Pike Place is a Market (hence the name of it) that goes on all year.. "The thing" about this place is that when you order fresh fish they THROW THEM TO YOU..... well being from out of state I couldn't go to the market and not catch a fish...... so..... yeah..... I DID IT. You can watch me in action by clicking THIS link.
The first time the dude launched the fish to me it slapped the sink. HARD. Couldn't let the people watching down a second time so I hustled to GRAB THAT THING AND HIS POOP SQUEEZED RIGHT ON OUT! No sir.  
Then I made my 999989th touristy deed of the day by posing on this little fella. These pigs are all over the city here in Seattle and this was a touristy picture that I just "had to have"...sitting on THE GOLDEN PIG.
Also near the market you HAVE to see the gum wall...so... I saw the gum wall. SUPER disgusting, but at the same time...KINDA NEAT! 
 You can bet I added a piece myself. I attached it to the back of a foam strawberry that I found in the bottom of my purse (what's inside my purse should be an upcoming blog post) and stuck it on to the wall...Sorry for the NASTY GUM in the pics... didn't think about how gross this was until now. 
AND THEN CAME. 
The. Seattle. Space. Needle. 
We got to the Needle right when the sun was about to set so I had an UPLIFTING experience ;) seeing Seattle during the day time, as the sun set AND during the evening. 
SUCH A SIGHT TO SEE!! 
Oh and I should mention that it was 25 degrees during ALL of these sight seeing activities... you can only imagine how cold I was. NO TIME TO COMPLAIN THOUGH, too many things to enjoy! 
I am so thankful that these women took time out of their crazy study-filled week during finals to make my trip so great!! 
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT -- the night ended with a trip to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet Nutcracker!!



I still have three days here and already have had the BEST visit!! 

Peace, Love & Tis' the Season for Sisterhood

No comments:

Post a Comment