Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Making History

First I would like to announce that yesterday I MADE HISTORY in Utah, breaking an 89 year old record for snow!
Here's my view from the plane... YOU CAN BET I WAS WIDE EYED SMILING while glancing at this view. I may or may not have stopped in the one foot gap between the plane and jet way to have a few snow flakes land on me...
Anyways, my trip in the Salt Lake airport was a bit of a frantic event. 
Upon arriving I had 18 minutes exactly to get from one gate to the next. If you have flown recently you might know that most of the time airlines will take your carry on for you and put it under the plane and when you get off you wait for them to give it back to you. Usually this process takes a few minutes, but I don't mind the wait if that means I don't have to hoist my bag up in the overhead compartment while throwing out my back. 

This time I was in seat 5A so I was one of the first people off of the plane and I was pumped because this meant time for a restroom break and then plenty of time to get to the next gate and maybeeee grab a snack.... But not this time! 

 Since it was so cold it took the men a few extra minutes to unload the bags but THEN when they got the bags on the cart to wheel over to the elevator thing the cart kept getting jammed in the mounds snow.  I watched the clock tick as my phone battery slowly went to the red zone (good fourth grade details in this sentence, I hope y'all can sense the imagery ;)). As the bags finally came up the elevator and the man unloaded them (you can bet that mine was the last bag...no joke) I was on my way to figure out what gate I had to get to. WHAT DO YOU KNOW - I had to get from Gate B to Gate D. What. A. Joke!! You don't need to picture me hustling through the airport, not a cute picture. But end of the story is, I made it, and BROKE history & wasn't even mad about this adventure!

 Here's the men shoveling the snow.. Bless their hearts!! (Those are people that go without being seen that I AM SO THANKFUL FOR).

BUT THEN another EXCITING detail of my day. This probably could wait for another post, but I am too dang excited about it!!! 
This chapter had a few of my favorite snacks laying on my bed in my room upon arrival with THIS backpack. 
If you glance at it, you might notice the TCU and might see that it says Washington at the bottom.... It was a MANUFACTURE ERROR backpack (I don't know the proper term). 
Where the TCU logo is, there is supposed to be a Washington W!! The chapter president was at Dick's Sporting Goods back at home and came across this and had to get it for me and I AM SO GLAD SHE DID!!
 Out of all of the consultants (there's 19 others) and ALL of the University logos that could have been there AND out of all of the places I could've been sent to... WHAT ARE THE CHANCES that this happens!! If anyone wants to do the math and figure out my odds that would be neat.... ;)
If you know me, you can imagine how CRAZY/COOL I think this is!!! All I wanted to do was text all my friends and tell them, but it was 2am on the East Coast and 1am in Texas, so I had to wait until today!! STILL IS AWESOME! Straight up FATE people!! 

Peace, Love & Too good to be true


1 comment:

  1. I did the calculation and it was a 4.35289% of that happening….jk but hey that sounds about right. Still can't get over that they found that bag. Hilarious. And as far as you making history goes you should attach Darius Rucker's "History in the Making" song to this blog post….I'm just saying haha

    ReplyDelete