Wednesday, April 16, 2014

To Be Honest...

I think I discovered a LEGIT fear that I have... going to museums ALONE.
I spent this rainy Seattle day at the Burke museum, a place that is highly recognized as a place to see at U Dub's campus. I was just trying to be cultured, but was SPOOOOOKED.
The first victim that gave me the HEEBIE JEEBIES was this GIANT skeleton of a mammoth or something? I refused to get close enough where I could read the label.
I don't know what my issue is, I guess I watched Night at the Museum a few too many times, unfortunately I couldn't find Robin Williams or Ben Stiller.
Thanks to the glass cage I was able to observe this Stegosaurus head up close for a good 3 seconds and a dinosaur leg bone.
Then I came across the world of totem poles and CREEPY masked faces and other goblin looking things. I am not hating on any cultures, just stating the facts that these are definitely some throw back figures that I do not miss here in the 21st century... or maybe we do, I just need to pop my bubble and go learn about the world around me.
Then I met THESE friends............If you think you can convince me that these critters DON'T come alive at night... you can't. 
 One of my final sightings was "The First Seattle Coffee Mug" which was made out of ... I forgot. But it was neat.
And this drawer that I will always wonder what is inside, but couldn't gain enough courage to slide it open.
 And FINALLY, I have to give a shout out to the HORNED FROGS on display.
137 days til kickoff peopleeeee!!

Peace, Love & Blessed to make it out alive

No comments:

Post a Comment