Friday, July 19, 2013

Pack Rat

It's taken me three days to pack. Not because I am a procrastinator, but because my luggage is 55 pounds and each day I have forced myself to remove some clothing items to get it down to the lucky number ~*50*~. I don't really understand how to pack three months of life in a 50 pound bag, but I am figuring it out.

Here are a few things that I refuse to leave Texas without:
  • My mini steamer, my cowboy boots and luggage scale
  • My tiny ke$h inspired glitter horned frog 
  • A pillow case, my jewelry and four toothbrushes
  • My TLC kit made especially for me by my best friend (it included things like ear plugs, Emergen-C, a tide to go pen, etc), Nicole, who traveled as a consultant for a semester in the spring. You can view her journey here <- ha-mature blog move making a link!
  • TCU gear - Although I did have to sacrifice the foam finger - wahh :( 
  • MY FLAT FRIENDS (they've been to London, with Nicole on her travels, and now they are along for my adventures)!!!! 

I just did my final weigh in and my luggage is at 48.9 pounds! One pound to spare - WOO! This means no shopping for the next three months. 

Peace, love & back problems! 

1 comment: